Frequently Asked Questions
HireJungle is the first online platform that enables individuals or businesses to hire and hire out goods and services.
- Geolocation to find both products and services in your area
- Post Free Ads
- No transactions fees
- Set your required deposit when hiring out
- Open for individuals and businesses
- Available in English
- UK only
Search results are synchronized, so any search will display both services and relevant products for hiring and DIY.
For more information check the about us section.
Any individual or company, whose registering user is over 18 years old and who wants to hire or hire out a product or service.
Further information at:
HireJungle was designed to be user-friendly as possible. Nevertheless we will keep upgrading our website with new features following your valuable feedback.
Here are some guidelines for beginners:
Looking to hire products or services?
- Check our homepage for most hired products, services and latest deals.
- Use our search bar and type what you want to “Hire... In....”. You can narrow your search by selecting “advanced search”.
- Alternatively, browse by category at the left hand side of our homepage. Once you are in the search results page, you can always keep narrowing your search using the search filter on the left-hand side.
- Check the prices, location, rating of users and other relevant information.
- Find your deal and place your hiring enquiry.
- Always bear in mind our safety advice.
Looking to hire out products or services?
- Select the appropriate location and category for your listing.
- Fill in the posting form.
- Complete your profile information.
- Check for our solutions to Promote your ad.
- Share your ad on social networks to get more exposure.
- Wait to be contacted for hiring deals.
Only registered users (“Members”) can hire out on HireJungle. Members hiring out products or services should fill in all the information required at HireJungle’s Post an Ad forms. This information needs to be authentic and Members should keep it updated.
The Member is not allowed to list any contact information in his/her Ad title or description. Banned contact information includes: physical address of the hiring point, the owner’s address, fax or telephone, email address or a website address.
HireJungle does not apply transaction fees. Once a Hirer place a booking request, a confirmation email will be sent to both the Hirer and Owner providing their contact details and any other relevant information.
You will be able to define the amount of deposit required to pay for hiring your products.
Posting an ad in HireJungle is FREE. To post an ad on HireJungle you can simply click on the top button “Post an ad”.
Then follow the instructions and complete the required information by category. Always bear in mind that your ads should follow our general posting rules, terms and conditions, as well as items not allowed on HireJungle.
**Hyper-links have been disbaled, so please dont's use them as the won't show up!**
Only YouTube video links are supported. Use the url provided in the "Embed" section of your YouTube video, and paste it into the video field in your ad. You can find the "Embed" section of your YouTube video as described in this link.
You do need to be registered to post an ad on HireJungle. However, with just an email address you can start posting ads, and complete your profile information afterwards.
Safety is at the core of our corporate values. We keep monitoring our web content to avoid not allowed items, potential online scams and frauds. If you want to report an item or user, use the "report this Ad" button on the listing.
Having said that, always bear in mind that e-commerce has its own risks.
Here are some points to bear in mind and also advice on how to trade safely on HireJungle:
Low risk categories
Several of our categories are risk free, others low risk, for example:
- Car hiring: we enabled a car hiring system that benchmark UK companies and provides the best possible price.
- Jobs/services: you pay for a service provided avoiding scams and fraud. Never pay in advance.
- Housing: you arrange to see the accommodation, then you rent. Never send money before viewing a property!
- Products collected at destination: avoid scams and deliveries fraud.
Potential risky categories
HireJungle aims to be an incredibly safe place to trade, but some categories are not as safe to trade in as others. Watch out for listed products that have any of the following conditions:
- Products listed by individuals vs products listed by companies.
- Products to be shipped.
- Products to be paid in advance.
HireJungle cannot guarantee 100% safety across the platform. Transactions are agreed by third parties hiring and hiring out, not by HireJungle.
Some useful advice from us to trade safely:
· Check the user feedback/rank.
· Evaluate the shipping cost. Sometimes users undervalue their items but then overcharge the shipping trying to obtain an unfair deal.
· Read item descriptions carefully.
· Be suspicious if the deal seems to be too good to be true. Get informed in detail.
· Don’t use money transfer services such as Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfers. These payment methods could lead to online scams, products not being shipped or dealing with fake users.
· Never receive money/cash cheques for doing nothing. These are scams for money laundering, detailed later on this page.
· Never reveal your passwords.
Watch out for the following potential online scams that you could face on any e-commerce website, including HireJungle:
· Official emails: If you receive an email that claims to be official, on behalf of HireJungle, please dismiss their instructions as they are fake users spamming for potential scams opportunities.
· Cheque overpayment or clearing cheques: Cheques are not a common payment method for e-commerce, so we recommend avoiding them. Having said that, a possible scam could occur when you receive a cheque worth more than the value of your item. You may then be asked to send the difference back and what really happens is that the cheque is cleared into your account but for a few days only, therefore you risk losing the money you sent back.
· Fraudulent payment websites: Another potential scam can take place when you are asked to complete payments or make deposits for a good or service through another website. follow HireJungle's guidelines for safe payments to avoid encountering online payment scams.
· Work from home: Work from home listings are often legitimate, but there are some unscrupulous users that would use work from home as a cover for money laundering or other scams. You should dismiss any job asking you to receive and cash cheques, as this practise is commonly associated with money laundering - you receive unknown money that should be sent to another person in exchange of a commission. Additionally, any job that requests you to invite, recruit or sell the system to others is considered a “pyramid scheme” that we don’t allow on HireJungle.
· Overseas trade: HireJungle.co.uk has been created for operations only in UK. Therefore, any request for overseas payments, deposits or hiring deals could be potential scams to watch out.
Report a safety case
If you feel you have been the victim of a scam or criminal action, take a look at the links below:
· Report your safety case to HireJungle. Use the "report this Ad" button on the listing for more accurate results.
Please make sure before contacting us that you have checked your ad status at My Jungle admin panel.
Your ad may not yet be displayed due to one of the following reasons:
- It's not in line with our general posting rules;
- It has expired;
- It’s still being processed.
Your ad may have been removed from HireJungle due to some of the following reasons:
2- It has been reported and it’s under investigation;
3- You simply can’t find your ad.
For the abovementioned cases 1 and 2, you will receive an email from us explaining the reasons and with recommendations on how to solve the problem. Please make sure you check your junk mail filter.
HireJungle does not provide a payment gateway on site, as transactions are completed by third parties commission-free.
If you are worried about items being returned in a poor condition or being stolen, you can define a deposit when hiring out your item which will go some way to covering the cost of repairs or replacements should the worst happen. Deposits should be paid directly to you when meeting with the client, according to your accepted payment methods.
As HireJungle is not part of the hire contract between the owner and the hirer, you shall agree with the hirer how much money you are going to retain from the deposit he/she paid in advance.
HireJungle is not responsible neither liable for disputes generated on the hire contract conducted by third parties. Therefore, we recommend that you resolve any disagreements by contacting the other party directly.
HireJungle does not provide a resolution centre to attend disputes, as we are not involved in the transactions by third parties. However, you can express your disappointment by ranking the client or reporting him/her to HireJungle. Alternatively, feel free to send us your feedback; we are always looking to improve our website.
We encourage all users to collect at destination when hiring any product via HireJungle. If you decided to ask the owner to ship the product instead, double check with them to see why the product has not yet been delivered.
Check our advice for hiring products risk-free on HireJungle by clicking here.